Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ripped off

I just got two tickets for the Ratatat show at the Starlight Ballroom Oct. 1st. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like the venue has an independent website, so I had to get the tickets through Ticketmaster. I hate buying stuff through Ticketmaster because it's such a ridiculous ripoff every single time.

Seriously. A Ratatat ticket is $17. Ticketmaster charges a $3 service fee. That's almost 18%. When I was getting tickets for another show a few weeks ago, the service fee was $6 per $24 ticket (the venue that time was the Troc). That's 25%! I ended up just getting the tickets at the Troc instead. I understand that Ticketmaster needs to make money somehow, but $3 or $6 per ticket? Personally, it just makes me hop on my bike and get the tickets elsewhere.

No comments: